Report server URL not saved in client

Every time I open Excel, go to the Aspose.Cells tab, and select an operation that needs to access the report server, I have to configure the report server URL. Shouldn’t it be saved so I don’t have to configure it every time? The configuration is saved until I exit Excel. Upon reopening Excel, I need to enter the configuration again.

I’m running Aspose Cells for Reporting Services version 19.3. Excel 2016 (16.0.1730.20334) 64-bit. Windows 10 Home, 64-bit.

@berlblack,

Thanks for sharing details.

Could you also share some screenshots to highlight/demonstrate it with details. We may log an investigation ticket after confirmation if we could enhance it in accordance with your needs.

Image 1 - when I first open Excel
Image 2 - I connect to the report server
Image 3 - I am connected to the report server and everything works until I close Excel. The next time I open Excel, I am back to Image 1.

Image 3.png (41.0 KB)
Image 2.png (45.2 KB)
Image 1.png (38.7 KB)

@berlblack,

We are looking into this issue and will write back here soon to share our feedback.

@berlblack,

Thanks for the screenshots.

I have logged your requirements as enhancements with an id “CELLSRS-554” into our database. We will look into it if we can support your needs.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@berlblack,

We evaluated your issue further. Aspose.Cells Reporting Services client gets access URL information from AsposeRSAccess.xml and AsposeRSConfig.xml files. The AsposeRSAccess.xml file saves the latest access URL information. The AsposeRSConfig.xml file saves URL configuration data.

Please check there are AsposeRSAccess.xml and AsposeRSConfig.xml files in ${installation folder}\bin. Please check installation folder access rights and if there are no such files in ${installation folder}\bin. if users (groups or user) have no rights of write and modify, please add the right of write and modify for installation folder. Aspose.Cells Reporting Services client generates AsposeRSAccess.xml and AsposeRSConfig.xml when you configure and access report server URL.

Let us know if you still find the issue.

Changing the permissions worked. The XML files were not present in the Bin folder but after updating the permissions, they are now.

@berlblack,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by giving the sufficient permissions as suggested. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSRS-554) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for RS v19.5. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi