ReportEngine Table Cell format from DataSource

Hi

Is the following possible using the Linq Report Engine?

I have a table in my template, and want the background color of a table row to be set from a property in the corresponding object in the Datasource…

I know how to do enumerations and conditions that uses pre formatted rows in the template, but can this be done dynamically?

Thanks in advance…

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please share complete detail of your use case along with input and expected output documents? We will then provide you more information about your query.

Hi Tahir

Please see attached solution for demonstration of what I want…

The first part uses the method described in the documentation where I set up a number of rows with predefined colors. This requires that I know all the possible colors when designing the template, that is quite difficult if a lot of formatting is involved.

I want to have a Color property in my data source that the row is dynamically colored by, as in the last pseudo part of the template…

This requires only one row in the template, but the engine has to be able to pick up formatting from records in the datasoirce…

Hopes this explains it. Otherwise just ask again :slight_smile:
Hi Allan,

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have logged this feature request as WORDSNET-14489 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir

Thanks for that.

Actually the feature could be extended to all formatting, but background color is a good place to start :slight_smile:

This would be a powerful feature for dynamic reports
Hi Allan,

We have logged this detail in our issue tracking system. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-14489) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.3.0 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.3.0 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.