Reporting services - Export to CSV (ACCSV) encoding issues

@hengert,

Please try Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll.zip (5.7 MB)

@wangtao

Thank you for your update.

I have just tried the fix and the issue with the special characters is now fixed but it seems to be fixed only for encoding Unicode. I have tried with UT8 and ISO-8859-1 and both still does not handle properly the special characters.

In addition I also noticed that the export does not properly handle the number format. I have attached the RDL and the output using the CSV render from Aspose and Microsoft.
Column Test-2 format is: 0
Column Test-3 format is: F0
I expect the same output (which is the case using the native rendering extension, but with aspose the “F0” is ignored and it is showing thousand separator.
Can this be fixed too ?

Test Aspose.zip (2.1 KB)

@hengert,

Thanks for the new RDL and output files.

It is nice to know that your original issue was resolved by the new fix regarding your original report definition file. We will look in the details of the newer issue using your new set of files. We have logged it with your existing ticket “CELLSRS-656” into our database. We will get back to you once we have an update on it.

@hengert,

We have released Aspose.Cells Reporting Services 22.10. Please download and test it.

@wangtao

This is still not correct.

The issue where the special characters are not handled for other encoding than UNICODE is still here.

The number format issue is different but still wrong.

See attached RDL and output using the CSV render from Aspose and Microsoft to see the difference in the output.
Column Test-3 format is: F0. On value 0.00 the output is “”
Column Test-5 format is: F2. On value 0.00 the output is “.”

Test Aspose.zip (2.4 KB)

@hengert,

Thanks for your feedback and sample files.

We will evaluate it and get back to you.

@Amjad_Sahi

Do you have an update on this ?

@hengert,

No update at the moment. However, I have asked the concerned developer to evaluate and we will get back to you soon hopefully.

@hengert,

We plan to fix it next weekend.

@hengert,

Please try the fixed version (6.0 MB).

@wangtao

I have tried the last fix, it is fixing the issue with the format but still does not allow special characters in other encoding than UNICODE

@hengert,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your formatting issue was resolved in the new fix. Regarding use special chars in encode types other than UNICODE, we will evaluate and update you soon.

@hengert,

We had improved getting an encoding from the name. Hope to fix the issue.
Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll.22.10.2.zip (5.7 MB)

@wangtao

Hi the link does not work for me

@hengert,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will fix the download link soon.

@hengert,
Please try it.
Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll.22.10.2.zip (5.7 MB)

@wangtao

The DLL does not work.

When running with this version I have the following error message (the previous version has no issue with the same settings/setup)

extensionfactory!WindowsService_0!3d30!10/27/2022-08:02:04:: e ERROR: Exception caught instantiating ACCSV report server extension: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices, Version=22.10.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e6b46033861b5318’ or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant permission to execute. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131418)
File name: ‘Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices, Version=22.10.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e6b46033861b5318’ —> System.Security.Policy.PolicyException: Execution permission cannot be acquired.
at System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolvePolicy(Evidence evidence, PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset, PermissionSet& denied, Boolean checkExecutionPermission)
at System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolveCasPolicy(Evidence evidence, PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset, PermissionSet& denied, Int32& securitySpecialFlags, Boolean checkExecutionPermission)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.ExtensionClassFactory.LoadAssembly(String name)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.ExtensionClassFactory.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.b__0()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RevertImpersonationContext.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.b__0(Object state)
at System.Security.SecurityContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Security.SecurityContext.Run(SecurityContext securityContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RevertImpersonationContext.Run(ContextBody callback)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.ExtensionClassFactory.CreateExtensionObject(Extension extConfig, Boolean typeOnly)

processing!WindowsService_0!3d30!10/27/2022-08:02:05:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: You have attempted to use a rendering extension that is either not registered for this report server or it is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.;

@hengert,

Now, we cannot reproduce the issue.
Please check the access right of Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll and your rssrvpolicy.config.
And we continue to look for solutions.

@wangtao

I have changed nothing in the environment except the DLL.
The version 22.10.1 works but 22.10.2 does not work, and throw the error message above. It must come from the DLL.

Are you sure the file provided is the correct one for SSRS 2016 ?

@hengert,

We will evaluate your issue further and get back to you soon.