Reporting Services - No rendering options

Hello all.
We are trying to evaluate Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.
I’ve got a bunch of .rdl reports I’ve already created, and our tech team has installed Aspose.Cells on our reporting server.
However, when I go to export a report, I don’t see any new options.
I’ve searched the forums and read through the documentation, but most of the doc deals with how to build an Excel report, which is not what I want to do.
Do we need to somehow enable the Aspose renderers on our reporting server? If so, where is the doc on how to do this?
Any help is much appreciated.

@johntarr,

Thanks for your query.
Please spare us little time as we are analyzing this requirement and will provide our feedback soon.

@johntarr,

Could you check and provide us following details/information:

1. OS, SQL Server Reporting Services and Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services versions.
  2. Did you install Aspose.Cells or Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services on the server?
  3. If you have Installed Aspose.Cells or Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services, please check rssrvpolicy.config and rsreportserver.config on server.
  4. Please check reporting service log file(s) to evaluate your issue and also provide us.

We will check it soon.

Thanks for the response. I will get with our tech team and relay their answers. I doubt there will be anything in the logs, since it hasn’t actually been ran, just installed.

Some answers/questions below.
When you install, is it supposed to automatically install and enable the export rendering options?

1. Windows Server 2012 R2
    SQL SERVER 2016 SP1 (13.0.4224.16)
    SQL Reporting service version same as SQL
    Aspose Cells for Reporting Services 18.2.0.0

2. Aspose Cells for Reporting Services 18.2.0.0

3 & 4) Where are these log files located?

@johntarr,

Please upgrade to Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services 18.11 and let us know your feedback. You can find the log file in Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services installation folder.

We have upgraded to 18.11, and still nothing. Our server administrator wasn’t able to find the logs you’re referring to.

To help clarify, I’m expecting to see an export option on the menu in this screenshot. I believe there is a step we need to do to add the Aspose.Cells export options to this menu.

Export Menu.jpg (20.6 KB)

@johntarr,

Please check whether you have installed .NET Framework 3.5 (which includes 2.0 or 3.0).
Please also check if you have writing rights for ${MS SQL Reporting Services}\ReportServer\bin folder.