ReportingEngine: blank line appearing after -html input

Hi,

I have a template with several html text fields. If I hit return after a textfield in the template, it results in two returns in the output document. I’m guessing this is because a <p>-element is a block element, so it automatically gets a return after it. In most templates, I can prevent this by removing my additional return. However, if the fields are inserted in a numbered or bulleted list, this is not possible (as far as I can find). Is there a fix/workaround for this?

I have created a sample project with my input (SourceDocument.docx), the output from the sample program (OutputDocument.docx) and my desired output (DesiredOutput.docx).

I couldn’t upload a zip file, so here’s a dropbox link: Dropbox - AsposeTest.7z - Simplify your life

@TPTWouter,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I could not extract the content of the “AsposeTest.7z” file. This file seems corrupted.

Instead of .7z, can you please use the ZIP format and share the archive again?

Does this one work? Dropbox - AsposeTest.zip - Simplify your life

@TPTWouter,

For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17261. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@TPTWouter,

Regarding WORDSNET-17261, we have included the fix of this issue in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.10 release. In your document, those paragraphs (becoming empty after template syntax tags are removed or replaced with empty values) can be removed by applying ReportBuildOptions.RemoveEmptyParagraphs as described in the Aspose.Words for .NET 18.10 release notes. Hope, this helps.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17261) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.10 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.10 update.