ReportingEngine- DataSets and Linq

Can I use linq once I have merged dataset data with the Reporting Engine Object?

Thanks.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please share some more detail about your query? We will then provide you more information on this along with code.

I suggest you please read about ‘LINQ Reporting Engine Programmers Guide’ from here:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/LINQ+Reporting+Engine+Programmers+Guide

Hi there,

Thanks for the response and apologies for not getting back to you earlier. I have just started using the new Aspose object after using a very old version til now. I was pretty excited seeing the Linq and new style developing. I have included my Doc, XML and program. I am trying to get a handle on what is happening and see if I can use the if statement in the table as per the examples. I think it would be very exciting if it works the way that I think it might.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing the detail. The syntax of IF statement is not correct in your document. I have modified the template document and have attached the output document with this post for your kind reference. I suggest you please read the following documentation link for your kind reference.
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Using+Conditional+Blocks

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Thanks for the prompt response. I see the difference in the two documents.

However, if I use your document with the program, I get exactly the same error:

An unhandled exception of type ‘System.InvalidOperationException’ occurred in Aspose.Words.dll

Additional information: Tag ‘if’ is not well-formed. Token ‘if’ is unexpected.

I am pretty sure it is something simple that I am not getting right.

Maybe worth mentioning,

I am using version 15.4.0.0 of the Aspose.Words for .NET

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry. I suggest you please use latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 15.6.0.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

That did the trick, I have loaded the latest components and now it works.

Is this technoloy still a work in progress?

Thanks for the help much appreciated.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry. The new reporting engine works fine with latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 15.6.0. Please let us know if you face any issue while using latest version of Aspose.Words.