Reportviewer rendering in .NET

Hi

We have an urgent need for a component that will render a Reporting Services report into PPT slides. The catch is that we need to be able to render this from asp.net with the reportviewer (remote report). Can anyone tell me if this is possible with Aspose?

Thanks in advance.
Vicky

Hello Vicky,

You can install Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services on the server. In this case report viewer should work in remote mode.

Hi, thanks for the fast response.

Do you also happen to know what you need to use as ‘keyword’ in the render statement in code behind?

example:
DetailReportViewer.ServerReport.Render(
“PDF”, deviceInfo, out mimeType, out encoding, out extension, out streamids, out warnings);

So what do you need to use instead of “PDF” in this example?

Thx in advance.
Vicky

Hello Vicky,

If I’m not mistaken that is extension name described in the reporting services rsreportserver.config file. So if you didn’t change Aspose.Slides settings there then you can use lines: “ASPPT”, “ASPPS”, “ASPPTX”. Since the next release “ASPPSX” also will be available.

Great news! Thanks a lot.
So we just buy the Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services version and we are good to go?

Hi

Can anyone confirm what version we need for Aspose.Slides to get this to work? We would very much like to add this functionality. Thanks a lot in advance.

V.

Hi Vicky,

We have just released Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 3.3.0 that you can find here.

Hi,

I am having a requriement wherein I need to export RDL report in PPT. I am using Aspose Reporting service. By the code on your Forums I was able to get the option as RplRendere but I am not able to handle the event.

Can you please help me on this?

Hi Ruchi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I like to share that we have added support for ReportViewer 2010 in Aspose.Slides for Reporting services. The demo project can be downloaded at the end of this article. The demo project is able to export to PPT, PPTX and RPL. Moreover, for genrated RPL file the respective PPT will be created in debug folder as well. Please use the shared project with Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.1.0 in Visual Studio 2010 environment.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for such a quick response. I already went through that code but I am not able to do the same for Web Page ( second part of the shared link). Can you help me with that? In fact I have added a comment on that as well

Hi Vicky,

We are working over the requirements shared by you and an issue with ID SLIDESREP-33144 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. I will share the response with you as soon as we will fix the issue.

Many Thanks,