Request for C# sample code for creating a table with hundreds of images in OneNote

My code needs to create a OneNote page file with a huge table - say 10 columns, where the last column contains an EMF image and the previous columns contain random text or numbers.

Using the OneNote API this would run at least 2-3 mins which is not acceptable.

Would Aspose.Note deliver the results faster? Can you provide a sample C# code creating the table with images?

@jiripik

Thank you for considering Aspose.Note.

You may find detailed information for working with tables using Aspose.Note for .NET at the linke given below:
https://docs.aspose.com/display/notenet/Working+with+Tables

Specifically, for inserting table you may find sample code at this link:
https://docs.aspose.com/display/notenet/Working+with+Tables#WorkingwithTables-InsertaTableinOneNoteDocument

Moreover, Please feel free to write back to us if you need any additional information.

It all looks wonderful.

Is there any way to find with Aspose what element in the OneNote page (i.e. .one file) is selected? I am interested in finding both what (1) Image and what (2) words (a sequence of characters) have been selected.

In the OneNote’s XML format there is a special field for IsSelected.

@jiripik

Could you please provide some sample .ONE file with such functionality?

1. Open OneNote.
  2. Paste a picture.
  3. Click on it - it gets a special rectangle around
  4. Close OneNote
  5. Open OneNote - the image still has the special rectangle around
  6. Close OneNote
  7. Open the .one page in Aspose.Note and advise how to find the selected image in C#

@jiripik

Thank you for your feedback.
We have logged your requirement with ID “NOTENET-2737” for further investigation. You will automatically be informed here once we have more information to share.

In the XML the tag is

//one:Image[@selected=‘all’]"

The use case for selection is this: I run a COM OneNote addin, it notices that you have selected something on the page and then calls your library to find out what was selected and amend the selection text / image somehow.

Alternatively, I am able to tell you what is selected as the XML coming from OneNote COM interface. Are you able to identify then the selection in your library? Update the XML using the OneNote COM interface can take more than a few minutes so I was hoping that Aspose.Note could update quicker?

@jiripik

Thank you for your feedback.

We have recorded the details and will consider it during the issue resolution. We will update you as soon as we have more information to share.

@jiripik,

We have thoroughly evaluated your issue (logged earlier as “NOTENET-2737”). Unfortunately, we are unable to resolve it and have therefore closed the case. This is because the format specification for .one files does not support the retrieval of information about the selected UI element.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.