Request for OTF Font Support

Somewhat related to a post that I made the other day (<a href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/103782), I would be quite pleased to see OTF font support across the board. It seems that Aspose.Words already supports saving a word document as PDF and the OTF font gets embedded in the PDF, but with Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Slides, neither of them will embed the OTF font when saved as a PDF. This has been a little problematic for my company as we have been working to switch to Aspose products for converting many of our document formats to PDF, but the lack of support for OTF fonts in Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Slides has been a bit of an issue for us as the component that we are trying to replace with Aspose already supports OTF fonts.

Regards,

Matt

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.

I am representative of Aspose.Cells team.

We have already logged your issue with ticket id: CELLSNET-41130. We have now linked your current thread with this issue id and logged your comments in our database.

We will look into your requirements and once there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Aspose.Slides support team will also respond to your thread as soon as possible.

Thanks Shakeel! Just to clarify, the reason I created this post separately from my other one is that this is more specifically a feature request, whereas the other issue I posted about was a bug that just happened to be related to the OTF font type. I just didn’t want to combine the bug and the feature request into one post.

Thanks!

Matt

Hi,

Thanks for your clarification.

Actually, to my knowledge, this feature is not available, so I have not logged it as a bug but I have logged it as an investigation ticket.

Once, there is some update relating to it from developers, then we will edit it as a New Feature Request or create a separate new ticket for it.

Your both issues are related in a sense that both depends on the same feature.

Hi Matt,

I am representing Aspose.Slides.

I regret to share that currently Aspose.Slides does not possess support for Open Type Fonts. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-33764 has been created in our issue tracking system as new feature request to provide the feature support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,
Hi Matt,

I am representing Aspose.Words.

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words does support OpenType fonts (OTF); you can use any fonts in your documents. For more information, please visit the following link:
`https://blog.aspose.com/2010/08/15/opentype-fonts-with-postscript-outlines-in-aspose-words`

Please let us know if you need more information, we are always glad to help you.

Tahir,

Thanks for the info – I had posted in my original message that I was aware Aspose.Words already supports OTF fonts, and I was merely suggesting that Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Slides follow suit.

Regards,

Matt
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

For your issue logged as CELLSNET-41130, the exception problem has been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.4.2. We do not support OTF and we find the font to replace it.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33764) have been fixed in this update.