Required packages for java

Hi,

Greetings!
We are evaluating pdf tool for one of our web application which runs in Java/J2EE.
we came to know about aspose and wanted to check the feasibility of integration with application.
below are few of our questions which we need some clarifications.
. Html to pdf conversion

. support for all standard html tags
. editing the pdf file to add images at absolute position, replace text
. support for multilingual(English and Arabic)
. adding barcode generated to existing pdf file
. appending pdf file to existing(merge two pdf files)
. adding header/footer images

For supporting the above mentioned features, which all packages/licenses we need to purchase from Aspose and the cost of the packages.
Please let us know the details on the product purchase and required licenses. And also we need technical support to write small pocs for the same.

Thanks,
Shivaji

We are evaluating pdf tool for one of our web application which runs in Java/J2EE.
we came to know about aspose and wanted to check the feasibility of integration with application.
below are few of our questions which we need some clarifications.
. Html to pdf conversion
Hi Shivaji,

Thanks for your interest in our API’s.

We are pleased to share that Aspose.Pdf for Java supports the feature to convert HTML file to PDF format. For more information, please visit Convert HTML to PDF Format

. support for all standard html tags

As we know that HTMl is a complex format but still Aspose.Pdf supports most of the HTML tags. Please try using our API and in case you encounter any issue, please share your source HTML file.

. editing the pdf file to add images at absolute position, replace text

For required information, please visit

. support for multilingual(English and Arabic)

Our API supports multilingual and UniCode characters. Therefore in order to display correct output, you need to use appropriate font while creating/manipulating PDF document. For more information, please visit Add Text to an existing PDF file

. adding barcode generated to existing pdf file

BarCode can be added as an image or it can be used to fill BarCode form field. For more information, please visit Add Image to Existing PDF File

. appending pdf file to existing(merge two pdf files)

Please visit the following links for further details on Concatenate PDF Files

. adding header/footer images

Please visit the following links for required information on

For supporting the above mentioned features, which all packages/licenses we need to purchase from

Aspose and the cost of the packages.
For above stated requirements, you need to purchase Aspose.Pdf for Java. Please visit the following link for more information on Pricing.

Please let us know the details on the product purchase and required licenses. And also we need technical support to write small pocs for the same.

Please download the latest release of Aspose.Pdf for Java 10.4.0 and before you proceed with API purchase, you may consider requesting a 30 days temporary license to test the API without any limitations. For more information, please visit Get a temporary license

In case you need any assistance or you have any query, please feel free to post your queries within this forum and we will be more than happy to assist you in that regard.

Hi Nayyer Shahbaz,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please confirm if the only Aspose.pdf for java is enough for the all above mentioned features to be incorporated.

I have read html to pdf conversion is needed Aspose.Word for java. If aspose.pdf is good enough to achieve all features which we are looking for.

One more: We need to generate one barcode also and add in pdf file, please suggest if these all included in Aspose.pdf aswell.

Thanks,
Shivaji

shivaji_dole@infosys.com:
Please confirm if the only Aspose.pdf for java is enough for the all above mentioned features to be incorporated.
Hi Shivaji,
All your above stated requirements can be accomplished using Aspose.Pdf for Java and I have shared the details/status regarding the features currently not supported by this API.

I have read html to pdf conversion is needed Aspose.Word for java. If aspose.pdf is good enough to achieve all features which we are looking for.
Aspose.Words for Java has its own document manipulation and rendering engine and it also offers the feature to load HTML files and transform them to PDF format. However the usage of Aspose.Words for Java is based upon your own choice.

One more: We need to generate one barcode also and add in pdf file, please suggest if these all included in Aspose.pdf aswell.
In order to programatically generate BarCode image, you need to try using Aspose.BarCode for Java, save the BarCode in image format and place it inside PDF document.

Should you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi Nayyer,

Thank you for the reply and information provided.

I had few more clarifications on the same.

1. I tried using the Aspose.Pdf for conversion of HTML to PDF, I see its not same as Aspose.Words, the alignment and text is not looking same as html preview, please suggest me as how can i achieve this using aspose.pdf package.

2. Using Aspose.Pdf, I was trying to leave margin for the first page of the pdf during html to pdf converions. I would needed this to add an image in that page just above to Footer. Please provide me some sample which i can try.

Please suggest me some workarounds for the above mentioned.

Thanks,
Shivaji

Hi,

I am trying to use the Aspose.Pdf for conversion of HTML to PDF, I observed that, its
not same as Aspose.Words, the alignment and text(arabic locale) is not looking same as
html preview, please suggest me as how can i achieve this using
aspose.pdf package for html to pdf.

2. Using Aspose.Pdf, I was trying to leave margin for the first page of the pdf
during html to pdf converions. I would needed this to add an image in
that page just above to Footer(not in footer). Please provide me some sample which i
can try.

Please suggest me some workarounds for the above mentioned.

Thanks,
Shivaji

can anyone provide me details on above mentioned queries.

shivaji_dole:
1. I tried using the Aspose.Pdf for conversion of HTML to PDF, I see its not same as Aspose.Words, the alignment and text is not looking same as html preview, please suggest me as how can i achieve this using aspose.pdf package.
Hi Shivaji,

Thanks for sharing the details and sorry for the delayed response.

Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Words have their own rendering engines and there might be difference in output being generated by both API’s. However if you are facing any issue while converting HTML file to PDF format, please share the resource file, so that we can test the conversion in our environment.

shivaji_dole:
2. Using Aspose.Pdf, I was trying to leave margin for the first page of the pdf during html to pdf converions. I would needed this to add an image in that page just above to Footer. Please provide me some sample which i can try.
I am afraid you might not be able to make any changes when HTML is being transformed to PDF format. However once the resultant PDF file is generated, you can update page dimensions or add margin information, so that any further manipulation i.e. image addition etc can be performed. For further details, please visit Update Page Dimensions

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Shivaji,

shivaji_dole:

2. Using Aspose.Pdf, I was trying to leave margin for the first page of the pdf during html to pdf converions. I would needed this to add an image in that page just above to Footer(not in footer). Please provide me some sample which i can try.

In addition to above reply, you may also use PageInfo object to set page margins while converting HTML to PDF as following

HHtmlLoadOptions htmlLoadOptions = new HtmlLoadOptions();

MarginInfo marginInfo= new MarginInfo();

marginInfo.setTop(20);

marginInfo.setBottom(40);

htmlLoadOptions.getPageInfo().setMargin(marginInfo);

Document doc=new Document("input.html",htmlLoadOptions);

doc.save("output.pdf");

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi Nayyer,

Below are the details on the above mentioned issues.

#1 - please find the attached zip(sample html, pdf generated and also java code) which i am using to generate pdf, I see listing is not correct in case of Arabic locale(RTL).

#2 - Now am able to provide the bottom margin with MarginInfo passed to htmlloadoptions and generate pdf during conversion.

Please check and let me know if anything missing.

Thank you!
Shivaji

shivaji_dole:

#1 - please find the attached zip(sample html, pdf generated and also java code) which i am using to generate pdf, I see listing is not correct in case of Arabic locale(RTL).
Hi Shivaji,

Thanks for sharing the resource files.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue that Arabic text is not properly being rendered in resultant PDF document. The Arabic contents appear in LTR format instead of RTL. For the
sake of correction, I have logged this problem as
PDFNEWJAVA-35023 in
our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this
problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be
patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Besides this, we are pleased to hear that your requirement of setting pages margin information during HTML to PDF conversion is accomplished. Should you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi Nayyer,

Thank you for logging this issue.
Also, did you verify the issue with Listing(ul/ol) tags? is it same as RTL issue.

Please let me know if more details required.

Thanks,
Shivaji

Hi Nayyer,

Can we have some timelines on the resolution of the issue#PDFNEWJAVA-35023 reported, based on that we will notify customer.

Thanks,
Shivaji

shivaji_dole:
Hi Nayyer,

Thank you for logging this issue.
Also, did you verify the issue with Listing(ul/ol) tags? is it same as RTL issue.

Please let me know if more details required.
Hi Shivaji,

As per my observations, when converting HTML page with RTL language, the OL elements are properly being displayed. Can you please share some details regarding the issue which you are facing.

For your reference, I have also attached the resultant PDF generated over my end.

shivaji_dole:
Hi Nayyer,

Can we have some timelines on the resolution of the issue#PDFNEWJAVA-35023 reported, based on that we will notify customer.
Hi Shivaji,

The product team has started investigating the above stated issue and have observed that respective issue is also appearing Aspose.Pdf for .NET. As Aspose.Pdf for Java is ported from Aspose.Pdf for .NET, so first the team needs to resolve the issue in base product and then same resolution will be ported to Java release. However unless the issue is completely analyzed, currently its quite difficult to estimate the timelines by which this problem will actually be resolved. Nevertheless, as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will be more than happy to update you with the status of correct.

Hi Nayyer,

I have already attached with arabic and english converted pdf files.
If you see the arabic pdf file, the bullets(ul) is not displayed properly.

Please let me know if you required more details.

Thanks,
Shivaji

shivaji_dole:
I have already attached with arabic and english converted pdf files.
Hi Shivaji,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I can see that bullets are not properly rendered in FinalPDF_AR.pdf shared earlier but I am afraid I could not find the source/input HTML from which this document is generated. Can you please double check at your end.

Hi,

I have attached now, as txt file(changed extension to txt, as html not able to attach).

But content might have been changed.

Please check and let me know if you want me to regenerate and provide you the exact output.

Thanks,
Shivaji

shivaji_dole:
Hi Shivaji,

Thanks for sharing the resource file.

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWJAVA-35033. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction. <o:p></o:p>

We apologize for your inconvenience.