Requirement to combine existing page level tiff files and text into document level pdf file

Hi!

My company has a requirement as follows.

Our present application takes documents such as Word files and creates page level tiff files. We also have the text extracted from each page as well as the position of the text on the page.

For example, suppose there is a 5 page Word document. Our application will create 5 tiff files corresponding to the 5 pages. We also have the text for each of the 5 pages, as well as the location of the text on the images.

We need a library that will allow us to supply the 5 tiff files, along with the text and the text positions, and have the library create a 5 page PDF file for us with image over text and searchable and selectable text.

We would like to be able to do this without rasterizing the original file again. Do you have a product that will accomplish this?

Failing that, do you by any chance know of a different company with such a product?

Sincerely,

docuity

Dear docrity,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I think Aspose.Pdf can help you to build this application.

1. You can add tiff images into Pdf document. Please refer to Convert Images to PDF. Multi-page tiff image is also supported.
  2. You can add the text with position into the Pdf document using CustomPositioning.

Thanks a lot, Forever!

I am getting "Image height is too large" exception, while trying to add TIFF image into PDF document. Please, see my code below.
I am attaching a sample image.

Sincerely,

Docuity

Pdf pdf1 = new Pdf();

Section section1 = pdf1.Sections.Add();

Aspose.Pdf.Image image1 = new Aspose.Pdf.Image();

section1.Paragraphs.Add(image1);

image1.ImageInfo.ImageFileType = ImageFileType.Tiff;

image1.ImageInfo.OpenType = ImageOpenType.File;

image1.ImageInfo.File = imageFile;

pdf1.Save(targetFile);

I have replyed your mail. If it still won’t work, please let me know.