Reset Form function

Is there a simple way to reset all form fields in a document?

Something equivalent to either the Forms > Clear Form command in Adobe Acrobat or the Reset a Form action that you can assign to a button.

Thanks!

Hi Salomon,

Thanks for contacting support.

Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to add form field, fill form fields, update form fields, delete form fields, Import/Export form field data to XML/FDF/XFDF format and flatten form fields. However, it does not support the feature to reset form field values. For the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-36782 under new features list. We will
investigate this requirement in details and will keep you updated on the status of a
implementation. We
apologize for your inconvenience.

As a workaround, you may consider traversing through individual field in PDF form and try setting its value to blank or you may try using JavaScript to update form field values. For further details, please visit

I’m not sure if this functionality has been added into Aspose.Pdf yet (I didn’t see it), but the easiest way I found to do this is to call the “resetForm()” function in Javascript.

resetBtn.Actions.OnPressMouseBtn = new Aspose.Pdf.InteractiveFeatures.JavascriptAction(“this.resetForm();”);

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for inquiry. I am afraid the issue is not resolved and planned because of its low priority and need.

We really appreciate you for sharing your findings/workaround. It will help some other community member, having same requirements.

Best Regards,