Resize -> Save destroys EXIF data

If I use Aspose.Imaging to resize an image and save it to a new file all EXIF data is lost:

Dim license As Aspose.Imaging.License = New Aspose.Imaging.License()
license.SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”)

Using image = Aspose.Imaging.Image.Load(Server.MapPath(“bild.JPG”))

Dim newWidth As Integer = 650
Dim newHeight As Integer = 487

'image.Resize(newWidth, newHeight)
'image.Resize(newWidth, newHeight, Aspose.Imaging.ResizeType.CenterToCenter)
'image.Resize(newWidth, newHeight, Aspose.Imaging.ResizeType.LanczosResample)
'image.Resize(newWidth, newHeight, Aspose.Imaging.ResizeType.LeftBottomToLeftBottom)
'image.Resize(newWidth, newHeight, Aspose.Imaging.ResizeType.LeftTopToLeftTop)
'image.Resize(newWidth, newHeight, Aspose.Imaging.ResizeType.NearestNeighbourResample)
'image.Resize(newWidth, newHeight, Aspose.Imaging.ResizeType.None)
'image.Resize(newWidth, newHeight, Aspose.Imaging.ResizeType.RightBottomToRightBottom)
'image.Resize(newWidth, newHeight, Aspose.Imaging.ResizeType.RightTopToRightTop)

image.Save(Server.MapPath(“bild_resized.JPG”))

End Using

Is there a workaround?

Also is there an update on “reading/writing EXIF data” feature announced to be on roadmap for 2012 Q3 (https://forum.aspose.com/t/2148)?

/Morten

Hi Morten,

Thanks for your inquiry. Can you please share some sample document here? So we will test the scenario and will provide you more information accordingly.

Moreover in reference to IMAGING-31884 “reading/writing EXIF data”, I’m in coordination with the development team for the updated status and will update you as soon as I get a feedback.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,
Hi Tilal
I using the code listed in my post.
/Morten

Hi Morten,

Thanks for your feedback. While testing the scenario on my side, I’ve managed to reproduce the issue and logged it as IMAGING-33590 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will update you via this forum thread as soon as it is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as IMAGING-33590) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as IMAGING-33590) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.