Resources not released on workbook creation completion

Issue: The resources being used to create a workbook, are not released after workbook creation.

The issue was observed when the excel used for creating workbook was to be deleted. Deletion was unsuccessful.

Sample code depicting the issue is as given below. The sample resource used has been provided inside the zip attachment.

Can you please look into it.

String inputFilePath = "C:\\Users\\pgupta\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\2\\QppServer";
try {
	String filePath = inputFilePath + "\\" + "Ninja10" + ".xlsx";
	Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);
	System.out.println("workbook created");
	File file = new File(filePath);
	if(file.delete()) {
			System.out.println("file deleted");
	} else {
			System.out.println("file Not deleted");
	}
} catch (Exception e) {
	System.out.println("Exception creating workbook");
}

Ninja10.zip (7.0 KB)

@Neha_Gautam,

Thanks for the sample code segment and template file.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code and template file. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-43202” for your issue. We need to investigate if there is some issue with the APIs or the issue is not related to Aspose.Cells APIs. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

Hello,

Thankyou for the reply.
Yesterday, I updated email associated with this account. Still, the emails are going to the old email. Can you also see, that from now onwards the emails are sent on the new email.

Thanks.

@Neha_Gautam,

We are pleased to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Please post your issue/query in Aspose.Request forum.

Hi,

It is good to know that the fix is ready. We are waiting for the fixed version.

Thanks,
Prinka Gupta

@Neha_Gautam,

We will provide you the fixed version (we will share the download link to new version) in the next week.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-43202) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java v20.6. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by ahsaniqbalsidiqui

Thank you team for the fix.

@Neha_Gautam,
You are welcome.