Restart on recompile

Every time that I recompile my application, I have to restart the World Wide Web Publishing Server or Aspose won’t run. This is a licensed copy of Aspose.Excel.

Any ideas?

Terri

Hi Terri,

Could you elaborate you problem? What’s the error message? And could you email me your project?

Generally speaking, I think it’s a setup problem or configuration problem. You can try your program in another machine and see what happens.

Hey! I am getting the same problem. Aspose.Excel will work a few times and then after I recomplie my project I have to restart because I get the error below. Then after I restart my computer it works a few more times and then I have to restart again. Whats going on?

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: ‘Aspose.Excel’.

Line 196:

Line 197:

Line 198:

Line 199:

Line 200:

Source File: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line: 198

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly ‘Aspose.Excel’ could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===

LOG: DisplayName = Aspose.Excel

(Partial)

LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/TPSReports

LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin

Calling assembly : (Unknown).

===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).

LOG: Post-policy reference: Aspose.Excel

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/tpsreports/d26fc587/d9539e27/Aspose.Excel.DLL.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/tpsreports/d26fc587/d9539e27/Aspose.Excel/Aspose.Excel.DLL.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/TPSReports/bin/Aspose.Excel.DLL.

Have you tried closing your project and opening it again? When you do this, did the problem disappear?

Please try to add Aspose.Excel to Global Assembly Cache and see if this can solve your problem.

Do you use any HttpModules or HttpHandlers in your application ?