Retain Alignment of Bulleted List Paragraphs with Before Hanging Indentation during Word to HTML to Word Round-Trip using Java

Hi,

In my uploading file i added a bullet and made it little forward input.zip (17.1 KB)
. From this uploaded file i will extract and converted the content to html. This html content used for downloading(exact same as uploaded) file output.zip (12.4 KB). But while downloaded, forwarded content is not aligned forward. Its looking normal bullet. Please use this code to reproduce the issuewrdHtmlWithReplacePoc.zip (38.0 KB)

@Gptrnt,

We can observe this problem even when running the following simple Java code:

Document doc = new Document("E:\\Temp\\input\\Input.docx");
doc.save("E:\\Temp\\input\\20.7.html");
Document doc2 = new Document("E:\\Temp\\input\\20.7.html");
doc2.save("E:\\Temp\\input\\20.7.docx");

For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-20782. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Any update on this issue ?

@Gptrnt,

We have completed the analysis of WORDSNET-20782. The list items in your document have negative indent. So after exporting to HTML, these list items are shifted to the right in final Word document. While saving to HTML format, please set Allow Negative Indent option of Html Save Options class to true. This will allow negative indents. In output HTML bullets will not be visible. But after round-trip, DOCX documents will be identical.

We will most likely provide additional round-trip -aw-* CSS properties to preserve paragraph’s indentation after round-trip.