Retain filter information in Pivot table when the source table is cleared

Hi,

I was wondering if it’s possible to retain the pivot table’s filtering settings, when the source table’s contents has been cleared. I have attached a screenshot which shows which settings I mean.

Thank you

Hi,

I have observed your issue a bit and it is somewhat relevant to another issue you posted in your other thread:
<a href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/93143

Could you create a sample project, zip it and attach it here to reproduce the issue on our end. Also attach your input Excel file here. It will help us to accurately analyze and evaluate your issue to consequently figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

It may be relevant depending on how your Aspose.Cells assembly works with Pivot tables and regulars tables. The other post was about the sorting settings of a regular table, and this one is about the filtering settings of a pivot table.

I have attached a small project to demonstrate what I meant. I have also attached an input file “input filtered pivot.xlsx” for you to use. The screenshot attached “” shows a sample case (the filtering in he input file) where I only selected 3 names in the filter.

Hi,

Thanks for the project and sample file with screen shot.

After an initial test, I can notice the issue as you mentioned. When we clear the source data/table, the filter information is not retained in the output file. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41734” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

After investigation, we found that we could not retain filter information after refreshing pivot table of which source is cleared now.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue? Are there any plans for fixing this? I’m evaluating this product at the moment and this is the only thing preventing me from getting this license. Can you give any timelines?

Cheers

Hi Gregory,

For the sake of your demand, I have again asked the relevant developer to look into it if we can support it or provide some workaround for it. I have logged your concerns to attach against the issue “CELLSNET-41734” into our database. We will look into it.

Thank you.

Hi,

It is to update you that currently we are very busy on working new enhancements and other priority tasks. I am afraid, we have not scheduled your demanded feature yet. We need to analyze it thoroughly first. Once we find some time, we will analyze it first if we could support it or not.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

We are pleased to inform you that the issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-41734”) has been resolved. The fix will be included in our upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v23.11) that we plan to release in the second/third week of this month (November). You will be notified when new version is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41734) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi