Retaining PDF Pro advanced settings when saving to new file

I have a template PDF document which is read at runtime. Some form fields are pre-filled for the end user and some other PDFs are appended and saved out as a different document. According to Adobe, the Extended Features settings will be lost when the file is changed. I was hoping that I could reset these settings on the new file by using the DocumentPrivilige and PdfFileSecurity class. So far, nothing has worked. Has anyone had similar problems? All end users will view the PDF using Adobe Reader and will want to complete the form fields for future reference.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Please share the Template pdf file so that we can test the issue at our end.

Thanks, for the reply. I have updated my original post with the requested PDF file. Please note that I am using a purchased copy of Aspose PDF.

Hello Jerome,

I have tested the issue and I am able to notice the same problem. We need to investigate if we can support the feature to reset the Extended Features settings. Soon you will be updated with the status of correction.

Dear Jerome,

Thanks for considering our products.

After careful investigation, we found that this kind of rights cannot be supported by our products. In order to protect such documents, Adobe combined the rights with file contents through a digest algorithm. Once the document is changed, the "fill and save" right turns to be invalid. Since the digest algorithm is kept secretly by Adobe, it is only possible with software form Adobe to fulfill your requirement. You won't find any other product that allows you to do it.

Honestly, this problem has been asked for many times. But until now, we haven't find any ideas to overcome it.

Sorry for the inconvenience & Best regards.

Thanks for your help. I have seen other entries in the forum with the same problem. It looks like the end users will have to buy Adobe Pro :slight_smile: