Revision marks supported?

Hello,

I wonder if asponse supports revision marks in MS Word. Is this possible?

If not, how could I see what changed from one document to another?

Thank you!

Regards,
Uwe

Hi
Thanks for your request. You can use Aspose.Words to determine whether changes were made in MS Word.
There is Document.HasRevisions property that returns true if the document has any tracked changes.
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/document/hasrevisions/
Also, inline nodes has properties IsDeleteRevision and IsInsertRevision
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/inline/isdeleterevision/
Please describe your goals, and I will try to help you to find right way to achieve what you need.
Best regards.

Thank you alexey,

I want to export a Word document to a pdf file. If it contains revision marks, i want to display them and export them to pdf as well.

The main goal is to see what changed between two revisions of a file. One way is with revision marks the other would be to create a diff myself, but this would be endlesss work.

Thank you!

Regards,
Uwe

Hi
Thank you for additional information. Currently, Aspose.Words does not export revision marks to PDF. I will consult with our developers regarding this issue and provide you more information.
Best regards.

Hi
Could you please also explain why you need revision marks in PDF? In PDF document, you will not be able to apply revisions or do anything else with them.
In addition, how revision marks should looks in the PDF? Do you want that Aspose.Words does the same as MS Word 2007 does (see attached PDF)?
Best regards,

Alexey,
thank you for your reply!

I want to create a PDF with revision marks to show what changed in a document but not to allow someone access to the “original .doc” file. So it is not about working further with the pdf but just look at it to see or “store” the changes.

Yes, it should look like the output in Word 2007. Does not have to be bubbles, so inline would be ok also.

Thank you
Uwe

Hi
Maybe in this case you can use protected documents (see the attached document). Here is code how you can protect your document:

Document doc = new Document(@"Test199\in.doc");
doc.Protect(ProtectionType.ReadOnly);
doc.Save(@"Test199\out.doc");

Best regards.

Alexey,

thank you. No this is not possible because Word might not be available to all clients. So PDF is the format of choise.

Are there any plans for support of revision marks?

Regards

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. I created new issue #7674 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as revision marks is supported during converting to PDF.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2120) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(38)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan