Revision tracking in DOC to PDF conversion

Hi,

I have revisions in my Documents and I want to convert them to PDF as is. Is it possible in Aspose.PDF for .NET. I already purchased Aspose.Word and its not maintaining the revisions.

Also, Is it possible to extract the text from a PDF file and save it in database.

Thanks…

Sanjay Kumar

Hi Sanjay,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Aspose.Pdf uses the XML that generated by Aspose.Words to produce PDF so it will not take care of the revisions if Aspose.Words does not support it.

Hello Sanjay,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Aspose.Pdf is a component which is used to generate PDF documents from scratch. You can use our API to generate the PDF document, convert an Image to PDF document or transform an XML file into PDF format.

When converting word document into PDF format using Aspose.Pdf for .NET and Aspose.Words for .NET, Aspose.Words for .NET converts the contents of word document into an XML format and then Aspose.Pdf for .NET transforms the XML file into PDF format. So, if Aspose.Words doesn't support revisions, Aspose.Pdf for .NET cannot support it.

Regarding your other requirements, we've a component named Aspose.Pdf.Kit which is used to manipulate/edit existing PDF documents. It offers the feature to extract PDF documents contents (Text, image) and you can also save the contents into database.

For more information, please visit Extract text from PDF document

Also please visit, Working with database