Root Task

Using ASPOSE.Tasks, is there a way to make the Root Task visible in the Project file? Since all things roll up to that I would like to be able to make that visible to user for a reporting requirement.

If not, will I have to create a NEW line 1 Task and then roll all other Line 1 tasks under it?

Thanks.

@cmlofal,

Can you please share the details of your requirements in the form of sample MPP file that what you want to perform using Aspose.Tasks along with a snapshot of requirement preferably.

We are creating a report that needs to display the roll-up cost to the highest level. The desire was to display the RootTask since we know all other Tasks are a child of it. However, I am not sure if this is something that can be displayed.
If not, would I need to create a NEW Parent Task and roll the children up under it?

See examples:
Parent 1
Task 1
Task 2
Parent 2
Task 3
Task 4

Would need to be displayed like this or something similar:

Summary
Parent 1
Task 1
Task 2
Parent 2
Task 3
Task 4

Parent 1
Task 1
Task 2

Would need to be displayed like this or something similar:

Summary
Parent 1
Task 1
Task 2

If the latter, could I create the Parent then add the existing as Children to the NEW parent and then delete them?
In ASOSE would the re-add as the child create a copy of the existing task, resource attributes, etc. Is that possible in ASPOSE?
Essentially if I can’t display the RootTask, then I need to create my own Root and place everything under it.

I have not code or example currently. Only the question and requirements. Trying to determine how best to implement the requirement.

Thanks.
Craig

@cmlofal,

We need to further investigate and assess the requirements. A ticket with ID TASKSNET-4317 has been created as investigation in our issue tracking system for this. We will share the feedback with you as soon as the issue will be addressed.

@cmlofal

You may please try using following sample code to display the root task.

project.DisplayOptions.ShowProjectSummaryTask = true;            project.Set(Prj.ShowProjectSummaryTask, true);
        project.DisplayOptions.ShowProjectSummaryTask = true;
        project.Set(Prj.ShowProjectSummaryTask, true);
        // Rename the parent task.
        project.Set(Prj.Title, "Jacobs Proprietary Content - DO NOT SHARE!");

Yep, this is all working correctly for me. Thanks for the suggestions.

@cmlofal

It’s good to know that suggested option has worked for you.