Rotation of shape is lost after saving with Aspose

Hello,

the rotation of shapes will be lost, if document is saved with Aspose.
I have added a document for repducing the problem (Querformat.dot) and a file that shows the result after saving (Querformat (Result after saving).doc).
Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Matthias Schlosser

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-12956. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your patience. It is to inform you that our product team has completed the work on issue (WORDSNET-12956) and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behavior you’re observing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue as ‘Not a Bug’.

Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the same behavior as MS Word does. Your input document actually has DOCX format. If you convert your input document to Doc file format using MS Word, the rotation of shape is also lost.

Hello,

i still have the problem that rotation of shapes will be lost, if document is saved with Aspose (Aspose.Words For Java 18.3).
This problem occurs with saving from dotx to docx. I have added a document for repducing the problem (“VerticalTextBox.dotx”) and a file that shows the result after saving (“VerticalTextBox after saving.docx”).
This behaviour does not occur in MS Word.

Best regards 180316 ShapeRotation.zip (65.1 KB)

Matthias

@curmas,

Thanks for your inquiry. After an initial test with licensed version of the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 18.3, we were unable to reproduce this issue on our end. Please see attached output DOCX file (awjava-18.3.zip (29.4 KB)). We used the following code for testing on our end:

License lic = new License();
lic.setLicense("D:\\temp\\Aspose.total.java.lic");

Document doc = new Document("D:\\Temp\\180316 ShapeRotation\\VerticalTextBox.dotx");
doc.save("D:\\Temp\\180316 ShapeRotation\\awjava-18.3.docx");

Please make sure that you have attached the correct input DOTX file (VerticalTextBox.dotx). Can you please also download the DOTX file from this thread and run the above code to see how it goes on your end?

Hello,

ok, i made a mistake. I created several files with different formats.
If doc is the last output format, everything is fine.
If doc is the first output format, all other will fail too.

this.document = new Document("c:\test\source.dotx");
this.document.save("c:\test\source.doc");
this.document.save("c:\test\source.docx");

Thanks a lot
Matthias

@curmas,

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-16589. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-16589) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.5 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.5 update.