Round Trip with MPP as source

Hi,

I've now been testing the direct access to the MPP file with round trip data. Here is my current approach and results:

1) open mpp file

2) save as XML

3) read the XML

4) update and write XML

5) Merge back to mpp (not working too well?)

The results are in the file: RndTrpSaveAsXML.zip

Here are the new steps:

1) read the mpp file

2) update and write XML

3) Merge back to mpp

The results are in the file: RndTrpDirectMPP.zip

You will notice things like... resource calendars missing names... some extra things being added.

These tests have been performed using MS Project 2002. I'm getting reasonable results with the XML version. If you find that file files work ok with 2003 or 2007, please let me know.

Regards, Bruce

(resources are reading ok).

Hi,

Just to clarify, the MPP file was made with Automation. this is the interface I'm working to retire.

Here is a continued round trip back to the MS Project ... steps are:

1) Read XML (saved from MS Project)

2) Update and Write XML (export of the data with calculations).

The attached file contains the input file (confirm.xml) and the output file (confirmXMLOut.xml).

You can see some differences between the input and output files ... however, the numbers are starting to look pretty close.

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the data and information!

I have added new issues “Missing resource calendar’s name when read project data from MPP file.” with ID = 21623 and “Export to XML by Aspose.Tasks differs from export by MS Project - some extra data was added.” with ID = 21624 to our issue tracking system and linked them to this forum thread.

The first issue was added to our December plans and the second to next year’s February plans. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Sergey,

Many thanks!!!

Could you also explain why the order of the resources is reversed when reading from an MPP using Aspose.Tasks?

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,

The resources were added in order we processed them, the project’s order is defined by resource’s ID’s. I have added a new issue “Reorder resources and resource assignments arrays by IDs when read data from MPP files.” with ID = 21651 and associated it with this forum thread.

The issue is in our this month plans. Sorry for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 21651;21623) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-21624) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.