Rounding off dynamic connector corners

I am using Dynamic connectors to connect shapes in Aspose.Diagram for .Net.

I would like to round off the bends in the dynamic connector.

So in this image(found online) i’d like my lines to look like the bottom right, instead of the top right.

Alternatively, can we make a custom connector?

Hi Charles,

Thank you for contacting support. We are investing and will get back to you shortly.

To be clear, the attached document is my visio file. the shapes in the bottom right are being built using Aspose.Diagram, and I would like to round off the corners to clear up where each line ends and overlaps.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for being patient and sorry for the delay. One way round is to make connectors curved, angled or straight. Are you looking for this feature support? You can right click on the dynamic connector shape and then select one of these three options. In case, it is not so, then please manually create a new diagram, place shapes, connects them, round off the corners and finally attach in this forum thread. It will help us to be more specific.

imran.rafique:
Hi Charles,

Thank you for being patient and sorry for the delay. One way round is to make connectors curved, angled or straight. Are you looking for this feature support? You can right click on the dynamic connector shape and then select one of these three options. In case, it is not so, then please manually create a new diagram, place shapes, connects them, round off the corners and finally attach in this forum thread. It will help us to be more specific.

If you open up the file attached in my previous comment in visio viewer instead of visio I think it will become more clear as to what I have and what want to achieve. It looks completely different in visio because shapes redraw and re-position..

Attached is also an image of what I have, what I am trying to replicate, and how I want to do it for your review.

If you have a suggestion of a better way to do this, I would love to hear it. As it stands, in order for timeline shapes to reposition, and for the data held within them to change, you must run a full version of visio which we do not have. So using dynamic connectors seems to be our only option?

Hi Charles,

Thank you for the clarification. We have logged an investigation under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50237 in our issue tracking system and asked our development team to propose an alternative solution. We’ll let you know once an update is available in this regard. We’re sorry for the inconvenience you faced.

I have since discovered the line.rounding property which resolves most of my issues.

is there any way to move where the line turns? Right now the line always make a right angle turn half way between the two connection points. I want to make the right angle turn at the end instead of at the middle of the line.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your inquiry. The dynamic connectors are not so flexible in the given scenario, because we can’t set its turn manually on the Visio page. I’ll suggest you to see connectors stencil (More Shapes >> Visio Extras >> Connectors) and select appropriate one or prepare a custom shape by using line (Developer tab >> Shape Design >> “Line” - select from dropbox ), put this custom shape into the stencil file and then dynamically place anywhere in the Visio diagram. Further, we can also set its height, width and other properties dynamically.

We hope, this helps. Please feel free to reply us in case of any ambiguity or questions.