RowFormat getHeight() only returns 0

I have a Word 2003 template with 3 columns. I am performing a mail merge which inserts a new table for each block of related data being merged. Each table contains a single row and column in which all the text is placed. By default this single row is set to not “Allow breaks across pages”.

Our requirement is to only allow the table to break across columns and pages when it is larger than a certain physical height (such as 15 cm). Unfortunately, after executing the merge, updating the page layout, (even tried updating the table layouts) etc, the getRowHeight() method for each table always returns 0.0

If I use to MS Word to specify a row height “At least” a specified size, I only get a fixed size back from getRowHeight() despite the fact that the height is growing with the text content.

I am using the latest evaluation version of Aspose.Words.

Note: as a proof-of-concept workaround I am getting the text of the row and allowing the break based on a number of characters threshold. This of course does not take into account formatting, word breaks etc.

Thanks for any help!

Hi
Thanks for your request. This is an expected behavior. getRowHeight() will return an actual height of the row only if HeightRule is set to Exactly. But in this case row height will not grow if content overflows it. In other cases, MS Word automatically adjusts height of tables rows to fit content.
Best regards,