RowSpan in Aspose 2.4

Hello

We are using Apose 2.4 and currently doing some enhancement with Tables in which we need feature like rowspan. I know that it is available in the latest versions of aspose but at this point of time we are not in position to upgrade it.

So please let me know if there is some other way in which we can acheive the rowspan functionality.

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for contacting support.

Cell class contains a method named setRowSpan(introwSpan)which sets an int value that indicates how many rows the cell spans. The version of Aspose.Pdf for Java which you are using is quite old (my gut feeling is that it’s around 3 years old) and I am not entirely certain but I think this method should be available in the version which you are using.

In case it’s not available in that release, I am afraid we might not be able to introduce this feature/functionality in older release version. Can you please check the method at your end and share your findings.

setRowSpan is not there in jar which we are using. Can you please let us know from which version this feature was introduced.

we will try to replace our current version with that version, we might not need to make lot of changes in that case, as compared to upgrading to latest version.

Please let me know asap if possible,

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested Aspose.Pdf for Java 2.4.0 and as per my observations, this release version does not include setRowSpan(…) method. However please note that this method was introduced from Aspose.Pdf for Java 2.5.0 but I am not entirely certain if you would be able to download such an older release version because as per our download policy, you can only download product release versions older than one year.

Nevertheless, please note that since the release of Aspose.Pdf for Java 2.5.0, we made some changes and the position of classes/enumerations was changed. Please visit the following link for information on Migrating your code to Aspose.Pdf for Java 2.5.0

Should you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We are sorry for this inconvenience.