RTF Conversion Double Bullets/Numbering

I am converting RTF source content to various display formats (.doc, .docx, .html, .pdf) and am having some weird issues with bullets and numbering in the output. It appears fine opening the raw rtf in MS Word, but when i convert with Aspose.Words I sometimes get weird results. I previously had an issue with empty bullets showing up with no text content, but i have since been able to clean up with some code found on the forums. My current issue is with some text with what appears to be double bullets/numbering. Again it shows up fine in MS Word, but when i run through Aspose.Words I get some weird behavior. Please see attached .rtf and corresponding .doc files for an example. I am having trouble pinpointing these occurences in code to correct them. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Michael,

Thank you for inquiry. While using latest version of Aspose.Words 11.0.0, i could not reproduce this problem on my side. I have attached input / output documents.

Code snippet:

Document document = new Document("c:\temp\groupletter4818.rtf");
document.Save("c:\\temp\\groupletter4818.doc", SaveFormat.Doc);

In case of any ambiguity, please let me know.

Hi Imran,

Thanks for the quick response. In trying to remove some of the sensitive details of the attached rtf document, i may have stripped out too much of the formatting. Please see the revised attached zip for what i am seeing as input.rtf and output.doc. Do you see the same on your end? Also we are using the latest v11.0.

Thanks!

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry. Using latest Aspose.Words 11.0.0, i managed to reproduce the problem on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.

Hi Imran,

I was wondering if there is anyway for me to track the status of this bug. This issue is a holdup in the release of functionality in my application and i just want to be to communicate status to my team.

Thanks!
Mike

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is pending for
analysis. Once our developers analyse this issue, we will be able to
provide you an estimate. You will be notify as soon as it is fixed. Moreover, you can ask status details here. Sorry
for inconvenience.

Ticket id: WORDSNET-5833
Resolution: Unresolved

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5833) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.