RTF Table Height Issue

I’ve got an interesting, but subtle issue with the latest version of Aspose.Words. We use Aspose to do some file conversions, and when an RTF file constructed in a pre-2007 version of Word is loaded into a document object and then re-saved back out it loses the specified line height on a table row within the document.

This issue only cropped up after a recent upgrade from Aspose 4.2 to 8.0 and reverting our codebase back to the old version removes it.

I have attached an example of the RTF in question. To reproduce it, just load this document into an aspose doc, then re-save it back as a .doc or .docx file and compare to the original rtf file. The Aspose created document has a larger line-height and changes the page-breaks farther down.

I played with a few options for compatibility, load and save options with no luck. If there is a setting I can use to preserve the line-heights in my table, please let me know. Looking for some help here, we have a LOT of documents like this and re-saving them all in a 2007 format is cost-prohibitive to us.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for attaching your documents for testing.

We are aware of this bug and we are actively looking in to fixing it. We will keep you informed on any developments regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Do you know of any workaround or ways for us to mitigate the issue using the current version? This is causing one of our clients a lot of pain. I know there are a lot of options and I am not very familiar with the API.

Hi David,

Yes, if you don't need the format to be in .rtf, you can save Source.rtf as a .doc file by opening it in Microsoft Word and saving it. You can then load it in to Aspose.Words in the same way, work with it and save it as a .doc document. The resulting output should then stay be correct.

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3445) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.