We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

RTF to PDF Issue : Header related : characters on white page rendered in 'invisible- non printable' white

Hi,

I have the following issue.

A .rtf document which displays and prints fine in Microsoft word 2003, is not completely rendered to pdf. From a certain offset, all characters are white.

In detail : I can cut and paste the text to notepad, and read it. But I cannot see it on the PDF document on the white background.

I did adapt the rtf and added more text, but the 'whitening' is not related to the content of the .rtf content (it is not paragraph related).

It seems to be an offset relative to the page.

If the document is opened in microsoft word 2003, and renamed, save again as .rtf, and then generated to .pdf. The result is fine.

Building the 'cleanup' through microsoft Word into out Server side code is not an option.

* I will attempt to save the .rtf first to .Doc using Aspose Words, and the convert the .doc into .pdf.
See if that is a temporary workaround.

The simplified documents are attached.
Failed_f.rtf is the incorrectly rendered document.

Cleaned_F_RQ2.rtf is the document after being 'modified' by microsoft word 2003.

I've been comparing the two versions to get a clue on the 'source' of the problem, but haven't been able to pin this down.

? Is this a bug in Aspose.Words rendering?

Regards,

Johan De Bock

Sr. technical Architect

Business Architects International

Dear Johan,


Thank you reported the problem us.

I have reproduced described issue on my side. Your request has been linked to related record in our tracking system.

We will keep you updated about problem fixing.

Hi DLana,

Yesterday i further investigated this issue.
As mentioned in my previous post.

I did first convert the .rtf to a .Doc using Aspose.Words version 9.5.0.

This resulted in an interesting situation. Here the text is not white, it is not present anymore.

Further, the text of the body appears to be part of the header of the document.
And it seems that the header only can cover only half of the page.

Maybe this hint helps.

To be clear : we need the .rtf to .pdf conversion to work.
The .rtf to .doc is only a secondary objective.

If possible, I would like to know in what release this fix will be included. And how we can increment the priority of this issue ?

This needs to be solved for our largest customer, one of the top 5 belgian banks. 'Dexia'.
We rely on a fix for this issue to release a large credit management system into production on 8 Januari 2011. A fix would preferably be posted ASAP.

Sorry to insist i such a way on this issue. Can we get an estimate on when the fix will be made?

What can help. We probably will acquire a Priority Support, since after the production date we will produce .pdf files on a large scale using .rtf. Please advice on proper approach / steps to take to increase the priority.

Thanx for any reply.

Johan De Bock

Dear Johan,


Thank you for your additional investigation.

Actually I observed described above behavior yesterday during reproducing the issue on my side and included all these observations in the ticket for development team.

Unfortunately I can not provide you with any timeline about the issue fixing, sorry for that. But in order to increase issue priority I would recommend you to get Priority Support.

Please feel free to ask us more questions.

Hi Svetlana,

The order to acquire this 'Priority Support' should arrive @ Aspose soon,

We hope this will happen this week. (This has been passed through management here, has been approved, and is now in the proper channels within our mother company: Sopragroup )

Can you tell me what I need to do to fix (and attach) this issue to the Priority Support ?

Regards,

Johan De Bock

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. As a temporary workaround, you can try using the following code:

Document doc = new Document(@"Test001\Failed_f.rtf");

if(doc.FirstSection.Body == null && doc.FirstSection.HeadersFooters[HeaderFooterType.HeaderFirst]!=null)

{

// Create body and move all content from hered into the body.

doc.FirstSection.EnsureMinimum();

doc.FirstSection.Body.RemoveAllChildren();

HeaderFooter header = doc.FirstSection.HeadersFooters[HeaderFooterType.HeaderFirst];

while (header.HasChildNodes)

doc.FirstSection.Body.AppendChild(header.FirstChild);

doc.FirstSection.PageSetup.TopMargin = 0;

}

// Save the result.

doc.Save(@"Test001\out.doc");

doc.Save(@"Test001\out.pdf");

Hope this helps. We will let you know once the original issue gets fixed.

Best regards,

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Once you have acquried priority support you can then post a link to this thread in the Priority Support forum and we will escalate the issue for you.

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4090) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.