RTL conversion issue

Hi,

We encountered an issue when converting brackets which encapsulates numbers.

I am attaching the relevant Doc file. you can see that in the result the brackets directions was swapped.

test.zip

@dorgoldi I have tested conversion to PDF using the latest 22.12 version of Aspose.Words for .NET and the document is converted properly on my side. Please see the attached PDF documents produced by MS Word and by Aspose.Words: ms.pdf (73.2 KB) out.pdf (22.4 KB)
Could you please attach your output PDF document here for our reference? We will check it and provide you more information.

Hi,

please see another example.
the brackets are being reversed in the conversion.
test.docx (55.3 KB)
test.pdf (9.9 KB)

Can that be fixed any time soon? We cannot deploy the product with this issue.

@dorgoldi Thank you for additional information. I have managed to reproduce the problem on my side. For a sake of correction it has been logged as WORDSNET-24751. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is resolved.
Also, I have noticed that the problem occurs only if HarfBuzz text shaping is used. If do not use it, the parenthesis are rendered properly. out_without_harfbuzz.pdf (10.4 KB)

Hi @alexey.noskov

I was told by you to use HarfBuzz in order to get an accurate conversion in case fonts are missing. Please see the attached image.

It seems that the Word conversion has different issues and is not stable nor accurate enough to be used in legal matters.

Screenshot 2022-12-22 175323.png (27.9 KB)

@dorgoldi Yes, HarfBuzz plugin is required to render your documents properly, but in this particular case it causes the mentioned issue. We will investigate the issue and let you know once it is resolved or we have more information for you.

Hi, is there any news regarding the issue?

@dorgoldi The issue is already resolved in the current codebase. The fix will be included into the next 23.2 version of Aspose.Words. We will be sure to let you know once it is released.

perfect, thanks!

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-24751) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 23.2 update also available on NuGet.