Running custom calculations / macros

Hello,

I’m looking for a library I can use in my software to perform the following operations:

• ability to open an excel spreadsheet
  • ability to read / write from cells
  • ability to have the engine automatically trigger standard built-in Excel functions
  • ability to have the engine automatically trigger custom Excel functions and / or macros
  • ability to save the spreadsheet
  • bonus points for: ability to export as other formats like csv and pdf

Ideally, we need a library that allows our customers to create their own spreadsheet using Excel and have us import it and manage it programmatically (e.g. letting them view and edit the cell values and, when the cell values change, all functions that depend on those cells [built-in or custom] get executed).

Is this something that Aspose can help me with?

Thank you,
Luis Silva

@lmsilva,

Supported, see the document on Opening Excel files for your reference.

Supported, see the document on reading/writing data from/to cells for your reference.

Supported, see the document on calculating formulas/functions for your reference.

Aspose.Cells does not support to execute macros/vba codes. But it supports to set/calculate custom Excel function which you have written using its custom formula engine APIs, see the document for your reference.

Supported, see the document on saving Excel files for your reference.

Supported. See the document on supported file formats for your reference.

Moreover, Aspose.Cells for .NET package also includes grid solution for the customers; it has two GUI based (independent) .NET controls as follows:

Both these controls provide almost similar set of features but yet on different platforms (Desktop vs Web). Using Aspose.Cells Grid controls, developers can import from and export to Excel spreadsheet formats. Any kind of user who is familiar with Microsoft Excel, can control the look and feel of the grid. Aspose.Cells offers rich set of features such as controlling the design and layout of the grid, managing multiple worksheets, managing cells, rows and columns of a worksheet, creating and calculating formulas and so on.