Running Mono on mac- no images in HTML conversion?

Hi I am testing out using Aspose.words on mono on a mac.

I am trying to convert to html, it works but it will not convert images in word files, and i get an error. See attached file.

Now I know mono might not be supported, or it might even be experimental, but I just wanted to check if you know if images should work, or they are just not supported.

Thanks

Hi Brian,
Thanks for your inquiry.
This exception can occur when the libgdiplus library is not installed. Please try installing the libgdiplus library and trying again.
Thanks,

Hi Adam, thanks for your reply. We have the libgdiplus library installed, see attached screengrab.

Any info I can find on running in mono seems to be for linux, is there any special instructions for osx? (I know osx is linux based).

Do you know for certain that aspose.words can handle images in mono?

Thanks

Brian

PS: Really sorry to hear about the earthquake, hope you all are ok.

Hi Brian,
Thanks for this additional information.
I’m afraid so far we have only done testing on a Linux based Mono environment. Also feedback from customers has normally been under Linux as well so we don’t have any special instructions for OSX yet. Therefore it would be great if you could please share any particular steps you needed to do to get things working on your side. It will be very helpful for other customers in the future looking to set up Aspose.Words using Mono under OSX.
Regarding the exception, have you checked out this page here: https://www.mono-project.com/docs/advanced/pinvoke/dllnotfoundexception/? This could provide some further insight into the issue.
Yes images are supported during HTML export under Mono. I think currently we dont have any proper unit tests running under a Mono envrioment, however in the past we have successfully tested Aspose.Words in Mono and customers have also been using it with out any trouble so there should be no problem with images during HTML export. You can read about the details in this article here: https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/system-requirements/
If things are still not working after trying the above, I would suggest doing a full reinstall of the libgdiplus library.
Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your kind words.
Thanks,

Hi what we are trying to do is run Aspose Words .NET dll on mono, we have checked it with Moma tool (https://www.mono-project.com/archived/moma/) against Mono 2.8 profile and we get information about methods that may not work - as shown in attached screenshot.

Are those methods used during converting process when saving MS Word files to HTML? If those methods are not implemented in mono will that cause major issues during Aspose Words dll usage?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Brian

Hi Brian,
Thanks for this additional information. No I don’t think any of these should affect images during HTML Export. Most apply to digital signatures, mail merge and metafiles. Based off the last one I would avoid using metafiles in your documents though.
Regarding the first two, just for your information, I think you can get a library to use ADO.NET within Mono and then use MailMerge.ExecuteADO. We are looking to implement our own Certificate class to facilitate autoporting to Java. Once complete the issues related to that on the list will disappear.
Thanks,

Hi Brian,

Just to let you know that Aspose.Words now implements it’s own certificate classes so the errors reported by Moma relating to certificates should now be gone.

Thanks,