S-Mime check signature of an email (C# .NET)

Hi

We are using the .Net Version of Aspose.Email and try to verify the signature of an email that is sent as plaintext with a detached signature. Unfortunately i can’t find any examples how to to that and how to use some custom certificates. So far i tried the MailMessage.CheckSignature() but i get only an exception Mail message is not signed.

In addition i’d like to know how to extract the raw inner content of the s/mime part of the message.

Thanks in advance for your help.

@kitag,

I have observed your requirements and request you to please share the source file with signature that you want to check. Please also provide the used sample code that is throwing error on your end as well.

@mudassir.fayyaz Unfortunately i can’t provide the source code of the message and the sample code, due to a NDA with our customer. I’ll try to reproduce the issue with a simple standalone example without any confidential data in it. I’ll get back to you as soon as I’m ready, but not before next monday.

@kitag,

Sure, we are waiting for your response.

I couldn’t reproduce the issue as standalone example, because of the lack of a proper mail and ca infrastructure. So for the moment we postpone our efforts to get the s/mime signature verification working with a detached signature. Sorry for any inconvenience I caused.

@kitag,

Please feel free to contact us anytime if you need any help.