Same font embedded again and again

Hi,

I am using Aspose.Pdf.Kit ver. 2.4.2. I am combining multiple pdf documents in to one using the Concatenate method of the PdfFileEditor. Everything works fine but when I look at the Document Properties using the Adobe Pdf Reader, I found that the same font is embedded repeatedly. Please refer the images file attached. Due to this problem, the output file size becomes extremely huge. Is there a way to avoid font being added repeatedly? If so please let me know how to do it.

I am also interested in any pdf optimization method other that setting the CompressionLevel using the pdf object of the Aspose.Pdf dll.

Thanks.
DotNetShan

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

This is a known issue and while concatenating the Pdf, embeded font are also embed. Aspose.Pdf.Kit needs to embed the Fonts to display the Unicode characters properly. You can avoid only in situations if you are not using any Unicode/Embeded Fonts in Pdf file, else it is not possible to remove it.

About the other issue, right now, only we are supporting compression using property. If we plan for some utility we will let you know. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks.

Adeel Ahmad
Support Developer
Aspose Changsha Team
http://www.aspose.com/Wiki/default.aspx/Aspose.Corporate/ContactChangsha.html

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. Please let me know if there is any other utility that can be accessed programmatically (using .NET) to compress PDFs.

By the way I managed to get rid of font duplicates by using the Adobe Acrobat Professional’s Optimizer utility. Unfortunately I do not know how to access this functionality through .NET. They give a better compression without loosing the quality of the document and I managed to compress a 3Mb pdf file to just 600Kb using it. If you have any idea or sample of how to access Adobe’s PDF optimizer utility programmatically using .NET, I would appreciate if you can share it with me.

Thanks a lot,
DotNetShan

Hi Team I am also facing same issue now. When I embed font using Acorobat Pro application, file size is reduced to 145 kb but when I substitute using code, the file size goes to 750 kb just coz I can see same font again and again.

@GayatriB

Would you please provide your sample PDF document and the code snippet for our reference? We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.