Same Java source, same library, different PDF outputs

Hello,
I’m facing an issue generating a PDF from Aspose.Slides. I have a very small Java program that opens a ppt file and converts it to PDF. If I run the generation from different PCs I get different PDF outputs, one is correct and the other is not.

This is the Java code used to generate the PDF:

final Presentation pres = new Presentation(“sample.ppt”);
final com.aspose.slides.PdfOptions sopt = new com.aspose.slides.PdfOptions() ;
sopt.setCompliance(com.aspose.slides.PdfCompliance.PdfA1b);
pres.save(“sample.ppt.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf, sopt);

Slides library version: Aspose.Slides 19.8

The two PC are running Windows 10 (with the same updates from Microsoft), and to run the java code above both are using Jre 1.8.202.

My question is: which is the cause of this different output on 2 PC that are using the same program, library and runtime version?

Attached the source ppt and the two PDFs generated on the 2 PCs.

Many thanks in advance for your support.
Gianfrancosample.zip (120.6 KB)

@gianfranco.dancelli,

I have observed the two PDF files shared by you and suggest you to please first try using latest Aspose.Slides for Java 20.4 on your end. In case there is still an issue then please share the Operating System details where you are getting good and wrong PDF files.

Hello Mudassir,
we have tested the conversion using the latest available Aspose.Slides 20.4 and the result is the same, one PDF is different and not converted properly.
As already mentioned in the starting post, the two machine are running in the same condition, both with Windows 10 Enterprise with the same windows updates installed and both running the same Java runtime environment, jre 1.8.202.
Please tell me if you need specific information on the two systems and how/where I can retrieve them.
Attached the generated PDF files using Aspose.Slides 20.4.
Thanks.sample.ppt.Slides20.4.zip (217.1 KB)

@gianfranco.dancelli,

It is very strange that two exactly identical machines producing different results. Generally, we have encountered issue with outputs of WIndows and Linux platforms. Can you please ensure that both machines have same set of fonts installed and accessible in Java.

Hello,
the sample ppt uses just one font, the Calibri, that we have verified on both machine to be exactly the same (same date and size) and accessible under the default C:\Windows\Fonts folder.
There’s something on one of the systems influencing the PDF output result of Aspose.Slides, but we don’t have any clue, as what could be verified from our side has already been done (OS versions and updates, Java virtual machine versions, fonts).
Thank you for your support.

@gianfranco.dancelli,

Thank you for the information. Can you please confirm the exact Java version on both machines as in past we have issue related to rendering of Calibri font. It was a bug in Java JDK.

Hello,
the virtual machine used on both PCs is the following:

java version “1.8.0_202”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_202-b08)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.202-b08, mixed mode)

Thanks.

@gianfranco.dancelli,

As I have shared with you earlier that this is very strange issue as two identical machines producing two different results. If it were an API issue then both machines (as per your statement that similar ones) would have produced identical results. However, I have created an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-38104 as investigation to further investigate this. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-38104) have been fixed in this update.

Hello,
I confirm that Aspose.Slides 20.6 solves this issue. Many thanks!
Gianfranco

@gianfranco.dancelli,

Thank you for your positive feedback.