Save as PDF creates binary different files on different machines

Hello

I’m saving a word document as PDF on 3 different machines.
On 2 of the machines the files are binary identical, but on the 3rd machine the file is binary different.

We need this binary verification for our acceptance tests.

What could be the reason, that the files are not binary identical on all of the machines?

Best Regards
Philipp

Hello

Thanks for your request. During converting document to PDF Aspose.Words reads font files and creates subsets of fonts, which are used in PDF. Maybe the problem might occur because some of your fonts are not installed or are different. Please try to compare fonts on all machines.

Best regards,

Hello

Thanks for your reply.
We do this with a document generated from this code:

var builder = new DocumentBuilder();
builder.StartBookmark(InsertionBookmarkName);
builder.Write("The text");
builder.EndBookmark(InsertionBookmarkName);
return builder.Document;

And I checked the installed fonts. The default Word fonts like Cambria, Calibri, Times New Roman and Arial are installed on all of the machines.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Best Regards,
Philipp

Hello
Thank you for additional information. There also can be difference between font versions. Please try comparing font versions.
Best regards,

Hi Andrey

Could it help you to find out the difference if I provide the PDF’s that are generated on the machines?
(see Attachments: names should be self-explanatory)
What font is used for text if I use the DocumentBuilder without specifying any formattings?

The machine that creates the different PDF has no Office installed, the other two machines have Office 2010. Though I assume it should have no influence, as you don’t use any of the Office components.

Best Regards,
Philipp

Hello

Thank you for additional information. Fonts are updated during installing MS Word 2010, so I pretty sure that the reason of the problem is the differences between font versions.
If you do not specify any formatting for DocumentBuilder the TimesNewRoman font will be used or the formatting will be inherited from previous element.

Best regards,

Hello

We updated the font on the other machine and the PDF’s are identical now.

Thanks a lot for your great support.

Philipp