Save as PDF with formfields

Hello,

I have some issues saving a document with contentcontrols as pdf with pdf form fields.
The text of the contentcontrol has squares with a questionmarks in the pdf document.
Additionally the normal contentcontrol with linebreaks is shown as single line in the pdf.
The richtext contentcontrol solves the single line issue, but still shows the questionmark symbol if it is inside a table.

How can I get the first pdf form field with multilines and without those symbols?
How can I get the richtext contentcontrol without the symbol in a table?
Can you please help?

I have tested it with Aspose 23.11
The pdfs I have opened with Edge and Acrobat Reader.

Here is the docx which I convert to pdf.
Test PDF Form.docx (20.1 KB)
And the result pdf
Test PDF Form_result.pdf (19.8 KB)

@cternek I am afraid Aspose.Words does not support multiline form fields at the moment.

We have linked you request to the following ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-25992

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hey @alexey.noskov

the result pdf I’ve attached shows that Aspose can create multiline form fields when the contentcontrol is a richtext contentcontrol :grinning:
The only problem is the symbol characters in the text.
Do you have maybe any solution for this?

@cternek I have created another issue WORDSNET-26229 for this problem. Our development team will investigate the issue and provide you more information. But I suspect the reason is the same as in WORDSNET-25992, i.e. Aspose.Words does not fully support exporting of multiline form fields to PDF.

1 Like

Hey @alexey.noskov
may we ask if there is an update on the second issue? WORDSNET-26229
Did the devs already have a look at the issue?

@cternek Unfortunately, there are no news regarding the issue yet. It is currently in the queue for analysis. Once analysis is done we will be able to provide you more information. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Hey @alexey.noskov , do you have some details to the issue 26229?
Will there be a fix in the 24.3 version for the issue?

@cternek Yes, the WORDSNET-26229 issue is resolved in the current codebase. The fix will be included into the next 24.3 version of Aspose.Words.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-26229) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 24.3 update also available on NuGet.

1 Like