Save data in pdf form

Hello,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I need to create a pdf with form fields, automatically generated, and that users can edit and save.

The problem is that if I create the entire document with the class Aspose.Pdf.Pdf, I have “modify” access to the document after the document is opened with Acrobat reader, but I cannot save the data I filled in fields.
I could see in forum that I have to activate “
Enable Reader users to save form data » parameters, but I have not seen any property for that parameter in the namespace Aspose.Pdf.Kit or Aspose.Pdf.
I wonder if we should not first create a PDF with Acrobat software such as to enable this setting, like a template, to modify the document later with Aspose.

My question is: is it possible to create a pdf form with Aspose, in which the data can be edited and recorded by a user and if not, what software do you recommend to create a template of pdf ?

Thanks for all.

Yannick

Hello Yannick,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Once you have created the PDF form with Aspose.Pdf, you may try using Aspose.Pdf.Kit to export the form data into XML, FDF, XFDF, datasource or export the information to some external web site. For your convenience, I am moving this thread to Aspose.Pdf.Kit forum where I believe my fellow worker taking care of this product would be in better position to answer this query. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Thank you for your quickness.

So, I can save data in xml, etc. but not in a pdf file that user can edit and save again in his computer ?

Hi Yannick,

You can create PDF files with form fields which can later be edited and saved by the users. However, could you please share whether you want to create a PDF file with form fields from scratch or you already have a PDF file in which you want to add form fields? Are you already doing something like that at your end? If so, please share the related code snippet and any PDF files etc. Also, if you’re having some problem then elaborate it as well with the help of the sample, so we could better understand the requirement or the issue and help you accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Hello,

I'm just relaying my lucky colleague who actually is in holidays.

Yes, here we want to create a PDF file from scratch (actually we need to convert a html form to a fillable PDF file).

The code we are using:

//Create pdf document<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Pdf pdf1 = new Pdf();

Then we build the pdf file content using some “FormField” elements

<o:p> </o:p>

//Save the document<o:p></o:p>

pdf1.Save(@“D:\PRHD\Tests\HelloWorld.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

DocumentPrivilege privilege = DocumentPrivilege.AllowAll;

PdfFileSecurity fileSecurity = new PdfFileSecurity(@"D:\PRHD\Tests\HelloWorld.pdf", @"D:\PRHD\Tests\HelloWorld4.pdf");

fileSecurity.SetPrivilege(privilege);

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Aspose.Pdf is a component which is used to generate PDF documents from scratch and it provides the feature to convert HTML file into PDF format. If the source HTML file contains form fields, they will be displayed in resultant PDF. For more information, please visit HTML to PDF using InLineHTML

However the PdfFileSecurity class is used to apply security restrictions i.e. Encryption/Decryption, User and Master password, restrict access privileges over the source PDF document.

In case you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We apologize for your inconvenience.