Save dialog saves ASPX instead of XLS

Hi,

I am sure that this is not a problem with Aspose.Cells (Aspose.Excel), but maybe you can help me. When I save the excel document with OpenInBrowser mode the save-as dialog opens and states, that e.g. myfile.xls could be opened or saved. When I then click save the aspx-page instead of the xls document is saved. The same happens when I click on open.

I tried this on two machines which are setup identical. Both machines have

• IE 6.0.2800.1106CO
  • Excel 9.0.3821 SR-1
  • Windows 2000 SP-2

running. But the problem happens only on one machine.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Michael

That’s the routine of IE and I cannot change it. You can try to use OpenInExcel option.

Ok thank you. I thought you might know the problem 'cause you are experts in dealing with transfers of excel documents from the web server to the client ;). I was searching the net all the day now, but without effort so far.

I use the following code to send file to client:

if(saveType == SaveType.OpenInExcel)
response.AddHeader( "content-disposition","attachment; filename=" + fileName);
else
response.AddHeader( "content-disposition","inline; filename=" + fileName);

With OpenInBrowser option, the file is an inline doc of this aspx file. So it saves aspx instead of xls.

Hi Laurence,

thanks again for your reply. No we use OpenInExcel because we require it so. I think something is wrong with IE handling the octet-stream (correct?). It seems that IE prompts the open save dialog correctly but then "looses" the excel data and instead saves the page. I just thought that you had similar problems while testing and could give me a tip. As I mentioned in the first message, I do not think that this has anything to do with aspose itself.

Yes. We find this problem from start but don’t have a tip for it yet.

Ok, thanks for your time and help!