Save document to new window

Hi,

2 questions, I hope you can help:

Using:
doc.Save(String.Format("{0}.doc", 0), SaveFormat.FormatDocument, SaveType.OpenInWord, Response)
I get prompted by IE to open the file twice - can you think why?

Using:
doc.Save(String.Format("{0}.doc", 0), SaveFormat.FormatDocument, SaveType.OpenInBrowser, Response)
I would like to open the document in to a new browser window so that the original report generator page is still visible - I can’t work out how - can you help?

Regards,

Gary Simpson.

Hi Gary,

Regarding the prompt shown twice, please see this topic for more info, but I don’t think there is a solution https://forum.aspose.com/t/130391

We don’t happen to have lots of web and browser experience so unfortunately there is nothing I can suggest about how to open it in a new window. I recommend you look for a solution at other general web development forums. Please let us know if you find a good solution for this.

Hi Gary,

I was told that Aspose.ASPXPand has some functions to open the document in a new window the way you want it.

You can try this product or at least ask a question in their support forum. If you think the whole product is too big and too much for your requirements, you can probably do this in JScript, but I cannot give any more detailed help on this.