Save excel

if i insert formula in excel and open file after that and try to close it it it asks me do i whant to save it (i changed nothing), herei the code:

License license = new License();

license.SetLicense("Aspose.Cells.lic");

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

Worksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];sheet.Name =

"test";

Cells cells = sheet.Cells;cells[

"B14"].PutValue(33);cells["B15"].Formula = "=B14*99";

workbook.CalculateFormula();

workbook.Save("test8.xls");

return;

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, you may simply ignore the message, this is nothing to do with the excel file as it is an info type of message. If you have used formulas in the excel file, it will popup otherwise not.

Thank you.

Agreed, but it is very annoying as I need to look ant number of files. Moreover, if I create the same file with excel and save it, the message does not pop up. It means you can do it if you wanted to.

A.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, you can do one thing to avoid this info type message:

Open the excel file generated by Aspose.Cells into MS Excel and saved it. Now whenever you will open the file into MS Excel next time, you won't see this message any more.

Thank you.

What you are suggestin is not really an option as I generate hundreds of files and it is imposible to open each of them and save.

Is there a chance to ask this feature in the next Cells relase please?

A.

We forced MS Excel to re-calculate formulas when opening Excel files. That causes the prompt message.

We will add a flag in the future release to disable this prompt. However, if we don't forced MS Excel to re-calculate formulas when opening Excel files, we have to enhance the formula calculation engine to support more Excel functions because Aspose.Cells will do the calculation work. And the performance may be degraded for we have to do the calculation.

Hopefully this feature will be available in early March.

Having an option to disable formula recalculation would be good idea. User will have freedom to choose option more suitable to his needs. Please let me know when this flag will be available.

Thank you