Save HTML to PDF/A, missing external images

Hello,
we are using Aspose.Words to load an HTML file and save it to a PDF/A file and we are getting a PDF/A file without images, with the classic red cross instead. If we save the same HTML file to a normal PDF format (PDF_17) then the images are in place in the output PDF.
The images in the HTML are reachable through a public URL.
Is this as designed? Why when saving to PDF/A (and also with other tagged PDF formats) images are not downloaded and embedded as happening with normal PDF?
We are using Aspose.Words rel. 22.5 and Java runtime JRE 17.

Many thanks in advance.

@gianfranco.dancelli Saving to PDF/A has certain limitations. Please attach the input file here. We will check and provide you more information.

Hello,
sorry but I can’t provide the HTML file as contain customer’s very sensible data. I’ve performed other tests and with other HTMLs with images from urls everything is working fine. Could it be that HTML contains images that can’t be embedded in PDF/A? If you can tell me which are the possible limitations I would then cross check on my side.
Many thanks.

@gianfranco.dancelli It’s difficult to answer without having access to the document. For example, the presence of JavaScript actions may be the cause. Your attachments can be downloaded only by you and Aspose staff, or you can also delete sensitive data or replace it with a blank sample if this affects reproduction.