Save multi-sheet XLS as "static" html (not needing JS)?

When I use Aspose.Cells.Workbook.Save(name, new Aspose.Cells.HtmlSaveOptions()) I get an HTML file that’s almost entirely javascript and refers to external fields for each sheet. When I use ExportActiveWorksheetOnly=true it generates nice “static” html with no external dependencies, but obviously then I can’t see the other worksheets. I guess there’s no way to generate a “static” html version with no external HTML dependencies that has all worksheets?

Also, the ALT text for images is missing quotes, so spaces cause a problem in the HTML output.

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

First of all, please note that Aspose.Cells APIs follow Excel’s guidelines and recommendations in it’s implementation. It is Excel’s behavior to use JavaScript to handle several events such as click events for Worksheet selection in HTML view so Aspose.Cells APIs mimic the same while rendering the spreadsheets to HTML. However, when you render one Worksheet to HTML there is no need for the Frameset (viewing pane) or Tabstrip (worksheet selection) therefore JavaScript is stripped off for such conversion.

Regarding the other part of your inquiry, could you please share a sample spreadsheet and it’s resultant HTML highlighting the issue? I have checked this case with a sample of my own, and noticed that latest revision of the Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.5.0 does not insert ALT tags for images.