Save project documents with password protection?

Hi Aspose team,

quick question - I am able to open password protected Project document.
After I make changes to the document I would like to save it with same password that was used to open documents.

How can I do that?

Thanks,
Oliver

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

Aspose.Tasks can read password protected files in 2003 format, however I am afraid that saving a password protected file is not supported yet.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Tasks.
Hi,

can you add this to feature request list?

Thanks,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

This feature request is already logged number of times here. The 2003 format was comparatively easy to encrypt and decrypt, similar to Microsoft Project (MSP). However later versions contained complex logic and as it is not an open specification, so there are lot of issues in reading/writing the password protected files. Lot of effort is put to resolve this issue but still no success. This issue is postponed and may not be resolved in the near future. Once resolved, it will be announced in our blogs. Please feel free to write us again for further assistance.

Hi Aspose team,

any news here (3 years are past)?

Thx,
Oliver

@dr_oli

This is to inform you that saving a password protected file is not supported yet. However, you may read the password protected document using the following code sample:

string dataDir = RunExamples.GetDataDir(System.Reflection.MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod().DeclaringType.FullName);

Project project = new Project(dataDir + "PasswordProtectedProject.mpp", "password");           

We will let you know as soon as saving the password protected document functionality shall be available. Sorry for inconvenience.