Save uncompressed text

Hi,

is there a way to open a compressed pdf and convert/save it to an uncompressed pdf with aspose.pdf ?

Thanks
Dirk

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid I am not clear about your requirements. Currently we optimize(compress) PDF document by removing unused stream/objects/fonts, duplicate streams and compressing images. I will appreciate it if you please share some more details what do you mean by uncompressed, Moreover please provide some reference if Adobe Acrobat already supports this feature. So we will look into it and guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Ok, the wording „uncompressed“ is ambiguous. I create pdf´s with InDesign 4.03 and replace some text placeholders at runtime with php. With this InDesign version the created pdf´s have uncompressed text so that I can search and replace the text with simple text functions. Newer InDesign versions produce “compressed” text so I can’t search and replace the placeholders.

I know that is not a very elegant solution but it works at this time. In near future we must upgrade InDesign so I am searching for other solutions. One solution would be to convert the “compressed” pdf´s to “uncompressed” pdf so I can use the old solution. And that´s the question. I found PdfSaveOptions with the parameter “TextCompression” but only for Aspose.Words and I thought that is it, but I can’t find it in Aspose.Pdf.

An other thinkable solution is Aspose.Pdf for Java. Is it possible to start a Java-Programm with Aspose on a web server to replace the placeholders in the generated pdf?

Thank´s

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for additional information. I am afraid Aspose.Pdf does not has TextCompression function. However Aspose.Pdf for Java support to search text and replace feature. Please check following documentation link for details and code snippet, it will help you to accomplish task. However if you face any issue then please share your sample document and issue description, we will look into it and guide you accordingly.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards.