Save word to pdf changes layout

Hi, when exporting a word file to pdf, the layout is changed.
Exporting the same docx directly from Word however produces the expected result.
Please advise.

Regs,
Stefan

@tefan57 Could you please attach your source and output documents here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response.

I have attached the source docx and the resulting pdf.

InputStream in = new FileInputStream(source);
// Load the entire document into memory.
Document doc = new Document(in);
String targetName = source.toLowerCase().replaceAll("\\.\\w+$", ".pdf");
doc.save(targetName);

Regards,

Stefan

wordtest.pdf (1.67 MB)

wordTest.docx (66.3 KB)

@tefan57 Thank you for additional information.
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-25276

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi,

Please note this is for Java and not .Net

Regs,

Stefan

@tefan57 Yes, I have noticed this. .NET version is the main version, after fixing the issue in .NET version the fix will auto-ported to Java.

Ok, sounds good.

My client has paid support included in their license, would associating the issue to that support escalate it’s prioritization?

Regs,

Stefan

@tefan57 Yes, but you should contact Paid Support team in HepDesk in order to escalate the priority of the issue.

Hello again,

Turns out my client has standard support.

Does this help for escalation for this bug?

/S

@tefan57 The issue is currently in the queue for analysis. So at the moment it is difficult to promise something regarding it. Once analysis of the issue is done we will be able to provide you more information.
At the first glance, the issue is related to table grid calculation algorithm, which we are currently work on. Unfortunately, this is a very big and complex task, since MS Word behavior is not documented and not always obvious.