SaveAsTIFF move annotation object on output

Hello,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We build an application to process PDF files and converts them to TIFF for storage in our Document Management System.

The PDF files come from multiple sources and we ran into an issue where the PDF would not convert to a TIFF correctly.

On some occasion, if the PDF contains annotations, the annotation object will appear on a different location on the TIFF file.

This has been tested using Aspose.Pdf.Kit.dll, Version 5.8.0.0 as the latest 6.0.0.0.

Here’s a sample code we used for the conversion:

private void ConvertPdfToTiff(string sourceFileNameIncludingPath, string destinationFileNameIncludingPath) {

string compressionTypeName=Enum.GetName(typeof(TiffCompressionType), tiffSettings.CompressionType);

compressionTypeName=compressionTypeName.Remove(0, "Compression".Length);

CompressionType compressionType=(CompressionType)Enum.Parse(typeof(CompressionType), compressionTypeName, true);

PdfConverter pdfConverter=new PdfConverter();

try {

pdfConverter.BindPdf(sourceFileNameIncludingPath);

pdfConverter.Resolution=tiffSettings.Resolution;

pdfConverter.SaveAsTIFF(destinationFileNameIncludingPath, tiffSettings.Resolution, tiffSettings.Resolution, compressionType);

} finally {

pdfConverter.Close();

}

}

I have attached two files to this thread:

1. Sample.pdf: the source PDF

2. Sample.tiff: the output of the SaveAsTIFF call

You can see on these 2 files an illustration of the issue we're facing.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jm

Hi Jm,

Thanks for using our products.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem that annotations are being displayed over different location when PDF file is converted into TIFF format. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as PDFNEWNET-31275 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We are sorry for your inconvenience.