Saving a word document with aspose 10.6 changes something in the used images

Hi,
We use the Microsoft Office Word compare option to compare word documents.
However documents that were changed using aspose.words (hyperlinks scanned/parsed) also have changed images according to the compare…?
I have attached a word document so you can reproduce the problem.
Steps toreproduce:

1. save the attached word document using Aspose.words 10.6.
  2. compare the original with the saved document : Microsoft Office Word says the images changed even though they did not.

Please let me know when you will be resolving this issue.
Regards,
Guy Bruens

HI Guy,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have converted your document to MS Word document through Aspose.Words and it is converted perfectly. Images have been converted successfully as well. Please find attached converted document.

Regards,

Hi,
I think you might misunderstand the actual problem.
The images have changed according to Microsoft Office Word when you compare them (original document.doc with a.doc) using the Word compare function.
So something in Aspose actually changes the content of the image.
I have attached the compared document with the changes found by word.
Same thing happens to the list at the bottom of the image see below:
List report (Word)
List report (Excel)
List report, grouped (Word)
This list also appears to be changed according to Word?
So the problem is that Word thinks there were changes done to the list and the images while there were none.
Please let me know if you can repoduce this issue and when it will be resolved.
Regards,
Guy Bruens

Hi Bart,

Thanks for the additional information. By following the two steps i.e. mentioned in your first post, I am afraid I could not reproduce this issue on my side. Could you please clarify in detail what changes were you trying to make after opening the original document using Aspose.Words?

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Hi,

As I mentioned before we use the Microsoft Office Word 2010 compare option to compare word documents (see attachment: “Office 2010 Word compare option.png”). However word documents that were saved using Aspose.Words 10.6 (without any actual changes made to the document with Aspose) mention changes that our users did not make.
I will give the exact steps to reproduce here:

1. Open the attached word document “Original Document.doc” using Aspose words and save the document to disk named “Saved with aspose.doc” also see attachment.
    I have attached the code I used to save the document (see: “Code Aspose save.txt” code does no actual changes just a save using Aspose)
  2. Open Microsoft Office Word 2010 and click the compare option on the review tab.
  3. Select the orginal document (Original Document.doc) and the document saved by Aspose (Saved with aspose.doc) and compare the documents using Word 2010.
  4. Word says the document images have changed while they should not have been changed. (see attachment “Word compare.docx” with “Final: Show markup” option which says the images have changed)

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Regards,
Guy Bruens

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information. I am afraid, by following the steps in your previous post, I still could not reproduce this issue on my side. However, the only way I could reproduce this comparison difference was by first converting the original DOC to DOCX via Aspose.Words 10.6.0 and comparing this DOCX file with the original DOC file using Word 2010; but this is entirely by design. I have attached this comparison file for your reference.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,