Saving and converting docx File by Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf

Hello,

we are using Aspose Words and Aspose PDF to save and convert our Docx Templates as/to PDF.

First we open the document by Aspose Words and save it via follwing Code:

DirectoryInfo directoryInfo = null;

string directory = @“C:\temp”;

directoryInfo = new DirectoryInfo(directory);

var filepath = Path.Combine(directoryInfo.FullName,“TestDoc.docx”);

Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(filepath);

string tmpPdfFile = filepath.Replace(".docx","_tmp.pdf");

doc.Save(tmpPdfFile,new PdfSaveOptions

{

SaveFormat = SaveFormat.Pdf,

Compliance = PdfCompliance.PdfA1b

});

After saving it by Aspose.Words we are converting it again (this second conversion is redundant and was intended for conversion into other Pdf Formats):

string pdfFile = filepath.Replace(".docx",".pdf");

var pdfDocument = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(tmpPdfFile);

pdfDocument.Validate(filepath.Replace(".docx",

“_AsposeWordsPdf_log.xml”), Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B);

pdfDocument.Convert(filepath.Replace(".docx",

“_AsposePdf_log.xml”),

Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B,

Aspose.Pdf.ConvertErrorAction.None);

pdfDocument.Save(pdfFile);

However the resulting Pdf file was somehow coruppted. When looking at it on Screen everthing seems fine, but printing it resulted in either PCL XL InsufficientMemory Errors or ErrorCode 49.4C02 on our printers. On another Printer all Textpassages in the Font Calibri have been all black. So we ended up removing the second conversion va Aspose Pdf again.

Is there something wrong with the second conversion or is this a bug in your PDF library?

I added a simple source Doxc document and the resulting pdf and log Files by validating the generated words pdf file (a) and the converted pdf pdf-file (b). I also attached a scanned Version of the printed pdf document that was converted with apose pdf.

Best regards,

W.Wahidie

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario with shared Document using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.8.0 and tested printing with Microsoft XPS Document Writer, I am unable to notice the reported issue. Please test printing of attached PDFA document and share the results, hopefully latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET will resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Hi, i used Aspose.PDF for .NET Version 11.3.0. I tested printing the attached PDFA TestDoc document. The text was all blacked out again. However both documents are looking fine on Screen.

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback. I am checking the printing issue on physical printer and will share the update. Meanwhile I will appreciate it if you please test print on soft printer like Adobe Acrobat or MS XPS writer and share them results.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi again,

i tested printing some documents on MS XPS writer. The resulting documents are looking fine.

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback. I have tested the printing on a physical printer (hp laser-jet 1020) and unable to notice the reported issue. It seems it is your printer specific issue. Please check this HP support forum link related to your reported error, kindly try the suggested solution and share the result.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi again,

i tested printing the converted document on 3 different Network Printers.

HP Laserjet 100 Color MFP M175NW --> Error 49.4C02

HP Color Laserjet CP3525X --> Error 49.4C02

Konica Minolta bizhub C454e

–> Textpassage is blacked out

There is no issue when i try to print the pdf which has been saved by Aspose.Words on any of those printers.

Hi there,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. I have manged to replicate the printing issue. I observed PCL XL error on HP LaserJet M3035 MFP and logged a ticket PDFNET-41247 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

Best Regards,

Ok fine. Thank you!

Hi,

is there any update for this Ticket?

Best Regards

@david.hofmann.schleu

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have checked the status of earlier logged issue and I am afraid that it is not yet resolved. Please note that there are other pending issues in the queue which were logged prior to this and product team has been busy in resolving them. I have recorded your concerns and intimated relevant team about them. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding resolution progress, we will let you know.

Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this convenience.