Saving as PDF changes format/indentation of table

With the attached file, if I open in Word and do a Save As Pdf, all works fine. However, if I open with Aspose and save as a pdf, formatting in more than one place is messed up.

a) Page 6 - in the word document, you’ll see a little space after the header ‘Calculation of Cash Balance Account’, but pdf removes that.

b) Page 7 - The ‘Personal Information’ table in word is correctly centered in page/header, but in PDF, it is left aligned and no longer under the header.

Any advice to a fix or a workaround in our document to prevent issues like this would be appreciated.

I’m using Aspose 17.2.

var opt = new Aspose.Words.LoadOptions();
opt.LoadFormat = Aspose.Words.LoadFormat.Auto;
new Aspose.Words.License().SetLicense( @“C:\BTR\Source\Assemblies.Internal\3.5\Aspose.Words.lic” );

var doc = new Aspose.Words.Document( file );
doc.Save( file + “.pdf”, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf );

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issues at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged these problems in our issue tracking. You will be notified via this forum thread once these issues are resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.
terry.aney:
a) Page 6 - in the word document, you'll see a little space after the header 'Calculation of Cash Balance Account', but pdf removes that.
Issue ID is WORDSNET-14906.
terry.aney:
b) Page 7 - The 'Personal Information' table in word is correctly centered in page/header, but in PDF, it is left aligned and no longer under the header.
Issue ID is WORDSNET-14907.

Since I can’t see tracking system, just curious on update or at least know which release/timetable it might be scheduled for?

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your inquiry. We regret to share with you that your issues have been postponed due to following missing features which are related to your issues.

WORDSNET-4794 : Cell spacing/ ROOT Support cell spacing in layout
WORDSNET-832 : Make table layout as close to Word as possible

After the fix of these features, our product team will look into your issues. We will be sure to inform you via this forum thread as soon as these features are available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Just checking in to see if these have been fixed :slight_smile: I don’t really know where to look to track your internal ticket status.

@terry.aney Unfortunately, the issues are not resolved yet. We are continuously work on improving our table layout algorithm to make it closer to MS Word as much as possible. But the problems mentioned in this thread are still persist. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.